Sunday, September 15, 2013

Elementary OS Challenge is over

My one week Elementary OS Challenge is over. If you recall,  I wanted to see if iI could do whatever I needed to do on an $80 laptop from Craigslist and a free Linux based operating system.

In short,  not a problem.

That's not to say that I didn't miss the extra speed of my regular laptop,  but if I had to do it, I could live with it day in and day out no problem.

Here's a brief list of what I did in this week:

Gmail
Google Calendar
Looked at some PDFs for lacrosse
Facebook
Watched online video podcasts
Listened to Pandora
Watched Hulu
Recorded and started to edit an audio podcast that I never ended up using.
Google+ postings
Twitter postings
Updated my blog (with this)
Edited my Evernotes
Played solitaire
Installed and referenced my password database - KeePass
Posted my minivan on Craigslist (hint hint)

And that's really about it.

I think I'm going to try another week or so and see what I think... of both the laptop and the OS,  although the keyboard has a decent amount of flex that makes it miss some of my  letters.  I may take it apart and see if I can put in some bracing in it.

Thanks for all your interest and comments.  If you have any questions,  feel free to contact me!

Regards,

Lyman

No comments: