Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gaming - Wii and PC (flash)

Like many of you with kids, I have succumbed to the pressure from the squirts and purchased a gaming console - a Wii (OK, it was not hard to convince me, I wanted one too).

But like many of you fathers, I don't have a ton of time to play. So I am constantly on the lookout for games for the Wii, or FLASH games on the PC that I can do in 5 or 10 minutes, or sometimes a little longer.

So here is what is on my hot rotation list right now:

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
This game is excellent!

Graphics are good, controls are good (you can bump the table by flicking the nunchuck or the Wii-mote), sound is suitably cheesy.

I think I am looking for games from my youth, and this one is exactly what i am looking for.

There are extensive reviews online, so google it and read them.

All I will say is that this brings back those wasted nights at the arcade. And I am laying some serious smack on my teenage son on the scores. He just does not know all the little tricks, like using the flipper buttons to change the rollover lights at the top of the table.

Hint: Williams always had great options for multi-ball. Learn how to make multi-ball happen and you are on the way to serious scoring.

This game is fun, pretty , uses the Wii controllers really well, and doesn't cost a bundle. And you can play one game or sink some serious time into it.

This is a BUY!

I have Dream Pinball 3D on order at Amazon, I'll review that when I get it in.

No comments: