Friday, May 16, 2008

Wii - Guitar Hero III

Another game that I dig on the Wii - Guitar Hero 3.

This game is particularly enjoyable because when I was younger - back in college, we used to do air guitar contests. Well GH3 is like an air guitar contest, but you have more control over the music. And you can still jump off the furniture.

As an added bonus, anyone my age (40's) probably has 30 years of rock riffs stuffed into their head, so it almost seems like part of your DNA. So this game, which is basically a rhythm game lie clapping to music, is easier for me than my son, who has been listening to crappy rap and does not have the historical background on these rhythms that I do.

The result is that without having to play as much as him, I can make the big scores. Or at least give him some competition.

The Good Part - loud, non-violent fun, and rockin' tunes.

The Bad Part - seems like a lot to pay for the guitar controller when all the real brains is in the wii-mote which you already paid for. Original game disk was non-surround mono. Had to send disk in to get updated version.

If you are willing to spend the bucks, this is a great game. You can play it for a tune or two and then put it down (maybe...) and the gaming experience is not altered significantly.

No comments: