Wednesday, May 7, 2008

As you may remember, I am growing my hair for locks of love and I am not one to have long hair ever. It is an educational experience.

My latest discoveries:

If you have a lot of hair, it is harder to take care of
OK, you know all those jokes about getting blown off for a date because I have to wash my hair (not that I experienced any of those personally)? Well the concept, if not the veracity, has some foundation in reality. Hell, even with just a slightly longer mop up top, it takes forever to get it properly wet, and then there is getting the shampoo into it and all the scrubbing and the rinsing, etc. WHEW! I cannot figure out how women do it.

It's OK, I'll tough it out.

When your hair is short the grays are short, when your hair is long... the grays are long!
This is a bit of a shock - I have a crapload of gray hair. 'Nuff said.

Women are just as clueless about men's appearance as men are about women
Perhaps because I am still in the not obviously long hair stage, I am getting a lot of puzzled looks at the office and around town. A surprising amount of, "did you cut your hair?" "Something looks different?" "Are you losing weight?" (I wish), etc.

It must be human nature to notice a change globally, but not to be able to nail it down. So guys, when you get in trouble for not noticing a new dress, or new hair, or nails or lips (but not new cleavage, you should notice the cleavage), don't feel bad. It happens to women too, just men don't really care.

Keep track, more updates to come...

No comments: