Sunday, November 2, 2008

Almost Election Day

We are coming up on the election. The Republicans are sounding pretty desperate. The Democrats are trying not to sound too happy. Also concerned about any last minnute shenanigans.

My kids are getting excited - they have been having mock elections at school - Obama wins.

I can feel the winds of change in the air. People are excited - especially people who have not previously participated in the electoral process.

I was a little concerned when Gov. Palin was nominated - people seem so excited about her! I myself think she is another idiot - uninformed, jingoistic, incurious, just what we need in this complex world (sarcasm implied). Just what we need to these complex times. But people do not want to think and she makes them (some of them, at least) feel good. Me, I want to puke.

I am looking forward to a president who can think and speak and is willing to learn and do.

Let's see what the next week brings.

No comments: