Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flash Game: Hedgehog Launch

There are a lot of launch games out there, but one of the ones that I have enjoyed is hedgehog launch. This is a vertical launch platformer.

You have to get your hedgehog into outer space as part of the space program for some tiny Caribbean country. To help you along, you have platforms that can bounce you up, parachutes to bring you down slowly, booster rockets to give you a lift, and radar to show you where the platforms are. And you are launched in the air with a big slingshot.

The catch is you have to buy these things. You get money by going over coins that are fortunately floating in the air, and you get a multiplier for duration of flight and height achieved. You never have enough money to buy everything, so you have to budget your money for different things.

My son says that I play a lot of these games where you have to budget resources, and I guess I do. I find them more interesting than flat out shoot 'em ups, usually.

The goal is to get into space in the fewest days.

My record is 3 days - I have done it 3 or 4 times. I consider it pretty good if I can get into space in 8 days or less.

Give it a shot. You can find it at armor games - http://armorgames.com/play/1760/hedgehog-launch

A quick, fun diversion.

No comments: