Friday, August 1, 2008

Dream Pinball 3-D - BAD!

As good as Williams Pinball for the Wii is, that is how bad Dream Pinball 3-D is.

Williams has compelling graphics and game play. Dream Pinball has terrible graphics - in fact, some of the tables look like the same table skinned. And the original table was not so hot in the first place. The tables have little personality, and the game play and ball physics never really seemed to gel.

Also, I could not really get the camera to give me a consistently useful table angle. If I could see the ball at the top of the table, it did not give me a good, useful view of the ball on the lower flippers. I kind of think this is important and the designers would have gotten this part correct. But for some reason, the just blew it off, or never bothered to actually play the game.

Now at least I got a decent deal from Amazon, and I was able to sell it to GameStop for a $5 loss, so it is not bad at all. I've returned games for less and taken a bath.

If you like Williams Pinball, keep playing it. Do not get Dream Pinball 3-D. It does nt compare, and it is a waste of money.

No comments: